BLUE MEDICARE SUPPLEMENT
Blue Medicare SupplementSM
For North Carolina beneficiaries enrolled in Medicare Part B
Choose the plan that’s right for you
- See the doctor you want
- Value-added discounts
- Control of your care
Savings and peace of mind
Medicare only covers some of your medical costs. That’s why Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Blue Cross NC) offers dependable Medicare Supplement plans for Medicare beneficiaries, to help lessen the worries over costs that Medicare doesn’t cover. Choose from our 11 Blue Medicare Supplement plans to find the plan that best fits your needs and your budget.
• Wide selection of plans
• Protection against unexpected events
A local company you can trust
Blue Cross NC has over 80 years of experience in the health care industry and serves more than 257,0001 North Carolina Medicare beneficiaries
• We’ve earned the trust of more North Carolinians than any other health insurer.2
See the doctor you want
No matter which Blue Medicare Supplement plan you choose, you’re free to select your own Medicare-participating doctor or visit any Medicare-participating hospital. In most cases, your Part A and Part B Medicare claims and supplement claims are handled automatically by Blue Cross NC.
• Choice of Medicare-participating doctors
• Easy to use, virtually no claims to file
Blue365® Discount Program
Enroll in a Blue Medicare Supplement plan and get savings on a variety of products and services that can help you live a more healthy and active lifestyle – all at a discounted cost.. Save on products and services such as:
- Laser Eye Surgery
- Medical Bracelets
- Healthy Eating
- Hearing Aids
- Gym Discounts
Silver&Fit® A Fitness Program
Blue Medicare Supplement offers an exercise and healthy-aging program. Questions about the program can be answered by calling 1-877-764-2746 (TTY/TDD: 1-877-710-2746), Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST.
No waiting periods
If you enroll early, you may be eligible for this plan without waiting periods for pre-existing conditions. Pre-existing conditions are conditions for which medical advice was given or treatment was recommended by or received from a physician within six months before the effective date of coverage. If you wait until after the deadline to enroll, you may have a waiting period for pre-existing conditions.
• No waiting periods for pre-existing conditions if you enroll early
Guaranteed acceptance by enrolling early
You cannot be turned down for Blue Medicare Supplement and may not have to complete a medical questionnaire if you meet the following criteria:
• You are age 65 or older, or under age 65 and are eligible for Medicare by reason of disability
(Plans A and C)
• You enroll within 6 months of enrolling in Medicare Part B
• You are not covered by certain Medicaid programs
• You are a resident of North Carolina
BCBSNC Blue Medicare Supplement Information
For more information about Blue Medicare Supplement plans, including a free rate quote, call Andy Meekins at 252-473-3811.
1 Blue Cross NC internal data for Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplement and stand-alone Part D as of September 2017.
2 Blue Cross NC Brand Tracking; Maru; April 2017.
• For costs and further details of the coverage, including exclusions, any reductions or limitations, and terms under which the policy may be continued in force, contact your agent or the company.
• Plan A: BMS A, 12/17, Plan B: BMS B, 12/17, Plan C: BMS C, 12/17, Plan D: BMS D, 12/17, Plan F: BMS F, 12/17, HI DED Plan F: BMS HDF, 12/17, Plan G: BMS G, 12/17, Plan K: BMS K, 12/17, Plan L: BMS L, 12/17, Plan M: BMS M, 12/17, Plan N: BMS N, 12/17
• Blue365 offers access to savings on items that members may purchase directly from independent vendors, which are different from items that are covered under the policies with Blue Cross NC. Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (BCBSA) may receive payments from Blue365 vendors. Neither Blue Cross NC nor BCBSA recommends, endorses, warrants or guarantees any specific Blue365 vendor or item. This program may be modified or discontinued at any time without prior notice.
• The Silver&Fit program is a value-added service on most plans that is provided by American Specialty Health Fitness, Inc. (ASH Fitness), a subsidiary of American Specialty Health Incorporated (ASH) and an independent company, to members of Blue Cross NC’s Blue Medicare Supplement plans. ASH Fitness does not offer Blue Cross or Blue Shield products or services. The program is not available on our F-HD plan and is not a part of a member’s policy or benefits. The program may be changed or discontinued at any time. Additional fees may apply and results are not guaranteed. You should consult with your doctor before taking part in a fitness program. All programs and services are not available in all areas. Silver&Fit and the Silver&Fit logo are trademarks of ASH and are used with permission herein. ASH and ASH Fitness do not offer Blue Cross or Blue Shield products or services.
• Guaranteed acceptance is limited to Plans A and C for those under age 65 who have Medicare due to disability.
Andy Meekins is an independent authorized Agent licensed to sell and promote products from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Blue Cross NC). The content contained in this site is maintained by Andy Meekins. Neither Blue Cross NC nor its agents are connected with or endorsed by the U.S. government or the federal Medicare program.
CAUTION: POLICY BENEFITS ARE LIMITED TO THOSE APPROVED BY MEDICARE FOR PAYMENT.
Andy Meekins is an independent authorized Agent licensed to sell and promote products from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (BCBSNC). The content contained in this site is maintained by Andy Meekins. Neither BCBSNC nor its agents are connected with or endorsed by the United States government or the federal Medicare program.
BLUE CROSS®, BLUE SHIELD®, the Cross and Shield symbols, registered marks and service marks are marks of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, an association of independent Blue Cross and Blue Shield plans. All other marks are the property of their respective owners. Blue Cross NC is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.